Nespresso is one of the most popular capsule coffee machines, next to Keurig machines. The company has a large selection of delicious coffee capsules to choose from and many different kinds of drink selections. If you’re looking for a chocolatey fix, you may want to know more about what Nespresso offers in hot chocolate.
Before, many people couldn’t use their Nespresso capsules to make hot chocolate because there weren’t any on the market. Luckily, times have changed, and Nespresso has partnered with other companies to create flavored capsules for any occasion. There are also a few other tricks you can use to brew yourself a delicious and creamy cup of hot chocolate using a Nespresso machine.
How to Make Hot Chocolate With a Nespresso Machine
A few years back, Nespresso realized that they were missing a huge market by excluding teas and hot chocolates from their capsule line. They partnered with other companies and made compatible pods. Nespresso themselves didn’t craft any official hot chocolate capsule pods.
This was genuinely disheartening for people who already owned a Nespresso, as they couldn’t get their hot chocolate fix. Despite that, it didn’t stop hot chocolate lovers from finding ways to use their Nespresso machine to make a delicious chocolatey beverage.
Below, we’ll show you what options you have today to make a hot cup of hot chocolate.
Hot Chocolate Using Nespresso Hot Chocolate Pods
Nespresso now makes hot chocolate capsules by partnering with other companies. There isn’t much variety, but you do have the option of making it from a pod.
Here is how to use Nespresso Hot Chocolate capsules:
- Find a capsule brand or the official Nespresso capsule of hot chocolate and load it into your Nespresso machine.
- Make sure that there is enough water in the water reservoir. Do NOT put milk or anything else into the machine or water reservoir. Placing milk into the machine can clog the system and cause bacteria to build up and ruin the machine.
- From there, select the correct settings for the hot chocolate capsule. Generally, you will want a small cup if there are size choices. The more liquid, the less rich the hot chocolate will be.
- Once you select the settings, click the button and wait for the machine to brew.
- After the machine brews the drink, you will have a delicious cup of hot chocolate!
Hot Chocolate Using a Nespresso Frother
The alternative option is to sneakily use the Nespresso milk frother to make yourself a delicious cup of hot chocolate. This isn’t an official method branded by Nespresso. Still, many people have been able to get their hot chocolate fix by using this method. However, not all Nespresso machines come with a milk frother, so only those who have machines with this feature can use this method.
Here are the steps you’ll need to take to make hot chocolate in a Nespresso frother:
- Secure the small paddle inside of the milk frother.
- Put one cup of your choice of dairy or non-dairy beverage into the frother. This can be any type of milk, including soy, almond, etc. However, for the best results, it’s suggested to use full-fat milk to get that classic creamy hot chocolate flavor.
- Put one heaping tablespoon of cocoa powder or 15g of the melted chocolate bar into the machine. Personally, Hershey’s, Nestle, or Ghiradelli work best in terms of flavor. However, you can use any type of chocolate, including white or dark.
- Next, add one heaping tablespoon of powdered sugar into the frother.
- Press the on button and let the machine do its work.
- After two minutes, you should have a perfect cup of creamy and rich hot chocolate.
Don’t be afraid to experiment with different ratios of chocolate and sweetener. The amount of milk should stay the same, but the rest you can experiment with until you find that perfect ratio.
Hot Chocolate Nespresso FAQs
Can You Use Nespresso to Make Hot Chocolate?
Nespresso’s Hot Chocolate capsules are compatible with all original Nespresso machines. The capsules contain Hot Chocolate mix and can be made the same way as a standard coffee capsule. However, the hot chocolate capsules are generally made by other companies rather than Nespresso.
Can I Make Hot Chocolate in My Nespresso Milk Frother?
You can use a paddle using an Aeroccino cup to make hot chocolate in your Nespresso milk frother. You will need to pour one cup of cold milk into it and then one tablespoon of cocoa powder. Lastly, add one tablespoon of powdered sugar before pressing the button and waiting for the machine to finish two minutes later.
Can Nespresso Vertuo Make Hot Chocolate?
Vertuo can make hot chocolate, but you have to do it precisely. First, pour milk into a mug, up to 100 mL, then place 15g of chocolate squares into the jug. Close the lid and press the start button until the hot chocolate is brewed and of the right consistency. Now, you have a delicious cup of hot chocolate.
Can You Put Milk in a Nespresso Machine?
You can’t put milk in a Nespresso water reservoir. If you do so, you will risk building up bacteria that gets trapped in your machine. If you walk to add milk to drinks, you can get Nespresso milk frother machines to help heat and froth milk for creamy beverages.
A standard Nespresso machine won’t be able to make a delicious cup of coffee if you want to use your own milk and chocolate. However, Nespresso has partnered with several big-name companies, such as Starbucks, to help craft Hot Chocolate Pods. They might be less common to find, which is a downside.
So, the best alternative is to use a Nespresso machine that has a milk frother attached. You can have complete control over the type of milk you use and the type and level of chocolate. Hopefully, this has helped you find a solution to satisfy your hot chocolate craving.