We trialed 100’s of variations across 8 unique prototypes to find a design that actually worked with the new generation Nespresso Vertuo Machines.
Our classic design worked well but didn’t seal around the injector nozzle causing a bit of coffee leakage. Other designs struggled to get recognized by the machine’s barcode reader.
Finally, we found the key was to replicate the size and shape of the rim of the genuine pods to get the machine to run them optimally. Then, using a recycled aluminum foil lid we can create enough back pressure to generate a luscious and thick crema.
(We reckon we get better crema than the genuine pods)
We also bumped up the capacity of the capsule which means you can fit more ground coffee in our pods than is in the official capsules. More coffee = stronger, richer, better-tasting coffee.
So please, give them a try and tell us what you think – we hope you’re pleasantly surprised.
WHY Switch To Green Pods?
Reusable Vertuo Pods Save You Money.
Drinking 2 coffees a day made with our reusable Nespresso Vertuoline pods could save you $374 per year (based on a single-use pod cost of 65c each, and buying fresh coffee beans at $20/kg)
Reusable Vertuo Pods Save The Planet
Drinking 2 coffees a day made with our reusable pods will save 730 single-use capsules a year being produced and going to landfill. Most single-use capsules are made from a combination of aluminum and plastic that is non-recyclable and will take 500 years to break down in landfill!
Drink the coffee you want to drink
With our reusable pods, you’re not limited to one brand of coffee. Use your local roaster, or your favorite international brand. Take back control of the taste of your coffee!
How To Use Our Reusable Vertuo Pods:
- Check the capsule fits within your coffee machine
- Fill the capsule with about 14g of medium-fine ground coffee. Tamp with a little pressure using the back of a spoon.
- Stick on the foil lid. This is essential to create the right amount of back pressure and to get a good crema.
- Put the capsule into the coffee machine and run like usual
- Remove the capsule and dispose of the spent coffee grounds (it’s fine to rinse contents down the sink). While these are dishwasher safe, we recommend that simply rinsing in hot water is sufficient.
- Recycle the used foil lid.
Made from recycled aluminum and high-quality food grade 304 stainless steel, our pods are designed to last a lifetime.
Compatible with New Generation Nespresso Vertuo Machines:
- Nespresso Vertuoline Next, Next Solo, & Next Deluxe
- Nespresso Vertuo Pop, Pop+, Pop Solo and Pop Deluxe
- Nespresso Vertuo Creatista
Not Compatible with:
- Nespresso Vertuoline Next & Next Solo
- Delonghi ENV135
- Delonghi ENV150
- Nespresso Vertuoline GCA01
- Nespresso Vertuoline Plus
- Nespresso OriginalLine range
Or try our CLASSIC VERTUO PODS HERE
Experiment to find the correct amount of coffee, and the correct pressure to use when tamping the grinds. You can use the back of the spoon provided to press the coffee into the pod (We find about 9 to 11g works well for the larger Vertuo pods). Also, pay attention to the size of the grind which shouldn’t be too coarse. Please try a few times to see what works best for your coffee and your machine – you’ll be surprised how good and creamy the coffee can taste!
Check out our how-to-use guide for tips to get the most out of your new Nespresso Vertuoline reusable pods.
Our Risk-free Guarantee
We have an iron-clad risk-free 30-day guarantee included with every purchase.
That means, if you’re not 100% satisfied with your new Green Pods, we’ll do whatever it takes to make things right.
Please note: orders within New Zealand will be shipped the next day and typically take 5 business days to arrive, however priority shipping is available. International orders typically take 10-15 days to arrive but have been experiencing some delays.