I’m sure sitting down and filling out paperwork is the last thing you want to do after just purchasing an exciting new Nespresso machine.
But what if I told you registering your Nespresso unlocks a bunch of pretty epic benefits?
In this post, we’ll share everything you need to know about the registration process. We’ll also share the benefits you’ll reap once you’ve completed this step.
So grab yourself a coffee and let’s get started!
Why Listen To Us? Well, because we KNOW coffee! In fact, we make our own coffee, coffee machine cleaners, and reusable capsules which we've sold to over 41 countries. Our team ouf experts include Tristan (an engineer), Claire (a food writer) and Richy (a barista). So, whether you're looking for a recipe or repair guide, we've got you covered 💚
Table of Contents
How To Register Your Nespresso Machine? (+2 Year Warranty)
- Online: Visit the Nespresso website and select your country. Fill in your details and then follow the instructions to enter your machine’s serial number.
(jump to instructions)
- On the phone: Call Nespresso customer service and provide the rep with your details and your machine’s serial number.
(jump to instructions)
- Via the app: Download the Nespresso app. Click on “My machines” and enter your details and the machine’s serial number.
(jump to instructions)
Once you’ve registered your machine, you’ll receive an email with your warranty details and a welcome gift.
How Do I Register My Machine?
There are three ways you can register your Nespresso machine: online, on the phone, or via the app. Depending on your preference, here are detailed steps for each method.
- Go to Nespresso’s registration page and select your country.
- If you already have a Nespresso account, log in with your email and password. If not, create a new account by filling in your personal details and choosing a password.
- Once you’re logged in, click on “Register a machine” and follow the instructions. You’ll need to enter your machine’s serial number located on the bottom or back of the machine.
- Wait for a message confirming you’ve registered your machine. Also, check your emails for your warranty details and a welcome offer.
On the phone
- Call Nespresso customer service at 1-800-562-1465 (US), 0800 442 442 (UK), 0800 234 579 (NZ), or find the phone number for your country.
- Choose the option for registering a machine and provide your details and your machine’s serial number to the representative.
- You’ll receive a confirmation email with your warranty details and a welcome offer for some free coffee capsules.
Via the Nespresso App
- Download the Nespresso app on your smartphone or tablet.
- If you already have a Nespresso account, log in. If not, go ahead and create one.
- Tap on the menu icon on the top left corner and select “My machines”.
- Click the “+” icon on the top right corner and enter the serial number.
- You should receive a confirmation message. You’ll also receive an email with your free gift and warranty details.
Nespresso OriginalLine Vs Vertuoline: The Difference
The main difference between the OriginalLine and Vertuoline machines is they have different warranty periods depending on the country of purchase. For example, in the US, the OriginalLine machines have a one-year warranty, while the Vertuolines have a two-year warranty. In the UK and New Zealand, both types of machines have a three-year warranty. But the steps for registering the machine–online, on the phone, or via the app–are the same.
Why Register Your Nespresso Machine?
Why should you register your machine in the first place? Here are some perks we’ve got to enjoy by registering ours.
- Extended warranty of two years from the date of purchase.
- Access to exclusive offers and promotions, like discounts, free gifts, or free delivery. Also, as part of their loyalty program, we receive points for every purchase we make, which we redeem for coffee capsules, accessories, and other merchandise.
- It makes keeping track of our machine’s maintenance and service history a breeze.
How To Register Your Nespresso Machine (Step-by-Step)
Here’s how to easily register your Nespresso machine.
- Find your Nespresso machine serial number
- Navigate to the Nespresso registration page
- Enter your contact information
- Input your Nespresso machine serial number
- Check your registration status
Step 1. Find your Nespresso machine serial number
Find your machine’s serial number. It’s a 19-digit code located on the bottom or back of the machine, or on the drip tray.
Step 2. Navigate to the Nespresso Registration page
Head over to the Nespresso Registration page and select your country. You’ll be redirected to a form where you can create or log in to your Nespresso account.
Step 3. Enter your contact information
Fill in your personal details. You’ll also need to choose a password and accept the terms and conditions of the Nespresso Club. Before proceeding to the next step, make sure you’ve entered your details correctly.
Step 4. Input your Nespresso machine serial number
Carefully enter your machine’s serial number. The system should automatically recognize your machine model and show you a picture of it. If the picture doesn’t match your machine, can change it by selecting a different model from the drop-down menu.
Step 5. Check your registration status
- You’ll see a confirmation message that you’ve successfully registered your machine.
- Check your email for your warranty details and a welcome gift.
- You can check your registration status at any time by logging in to your account.
Troubleshooting Registration Issues
Sometimes, you may encounter some issues when registering your Nespresso machine. Here are some common problems and how to solve them.
Adding a new Nespresso machine to an existing account
If you already have a Nespresso account and want to register a new machine, you can do so by:
- Head over to Nespresso’s website
- Select the option “My Account”
- Click on “My Personal Information”
- And select “Add machine”
Removing a Nespresso machine registration
Here are steps to remove a Nespresso machine registration from your account:
- Log in to your Nespresso account and go to “My machines”.
- Click on the trash icon next to the machine you want to delete and confirm your action.
Warranty Length By Nespresso Model
Generally, Nespresso machines have a warranty period of one or two years from the date of purchase. But this depends on the type of machine and the country you bought it. The table below summarizes the warranty length for each Nespresso model.
|Vertuoline||1- 3 years|
|Original line||1-3 years|
|Premium Original line||2-3 years|
Registering your Nespresso machine is a simple way to protect your investment and enjoy fantastic perks. It only takes a few minutes and you can do it online, on the phone, or via the app. All you need is your machine’s serial number and your personal details. While there’s inherently no downside to not registering your machine, we encourage you to do it. You can extend your warranty, get access to exclusive offers and promotions, join the Nespresso Club loyalty program, and keep track of your machine’s maintenance and service history.
Nespresso Registration Frequently Asked Questions
What voids a Nespresso warranty?
Your Nespresso warranty may be voided if:
You use third-party pods (mainly applies to the Vertuoline).
Power surges damage the machine.
You tamper with or misuse your machine.
You lose your proof of purchase and haven’t registered your machine with Nespresso.
Q. Can I register my Nespresso machine if I live outside of the country where it was purchased?
You can register your Nespresso machine if you live outside of the country where it was purchased. But, you may forfeit the same warranty service or benefits as in the country of purchase.
Q. Can I register my Nespresso machine if I purchased it second-hand?
You can register your Nespresso machine if you purchased it second-hand and have proof of purchase. Double check with the previous owner if they’ve registered the machine because you may not be able to enjoy the same warranty service or benefits as them. If it’s registered, we suggest you contact Nespresso customer service to verify if you’ll have access to the perks.
Q. What happens if I don’t register my Nespresso machine?
If you don’t register your Nespresso machine, you’ll still be able to use it and enjoy its features. But, you’ll miss out on some awesome benefits, like:
Extended warranty of two years
Exclusive offers and promotions
Loyalty points and rewards
Maintenance and service history of your machine
Accessories for your machine
Q. Is there a limit to the number of Nespresso machines I can register under my name?
here’s no limit to the number of Nespresso machines you can register under your name.