Nespresso’s customer service is a hit and miss. Sometimes you’ll hop on a call with their coffee specialists and get an immediate resolution. Other times you’ll have to go through hoops to have your machine repaired or replaced.
To be honest, we’ve found some of their methods of communication are more effective than others. We had much better luck communicating with them via phone call when our Creatista was faulty.
In this post, we’ll provide you with different ways to contact the brand’s customer support and what to expect from them.
Why Listen To Us? Well, because we KNOW coffee! In fact, we make our own coffee, coffee machine cleaners, and reusable capsules which we've sold to over 41 countries. Our team ouf experts include Tristan (an engineer), Claire (a food writer) and Richy (a barista). So, whether you're looking for a recipe or repair guide, we've got you covered 💚
Table of Contents
How Do I Contact Nespresso Customer Service?
- Phone: To speak to a coffee specialist, you can call Nespresso at 1-800-562-1465 (US) or visit their website to get the number for your country. The lines are open from Monday to Friday, 8 am to 6 pm, and Saturday, 9 am to 4 pm.
- Email: If you dread waiting in line to speak to a rep, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the online contact form on their website. You’ll be asked to fill in a couple of details like your name, email address, phone number, and a brief description of your query.
- Live chat: If you head over to Nespresso’s website, you’ll see a chat icon on the bottom right corner of their website. You can open a ticket and wait in line to speak to an agent.
- Social media: You can follow Nespresso on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram and send them a direct message on one of these platforms. They’ll likely respond within a few hours. In fact, we’ve had some of our queries resolved quicker when we used this approach.
Does Nespresso Replace Broken Machines?
Nespresso does replace broken machines if they are within the warranty period. We’ve successfully booked one of our machines, and they collected and delivered it free of charge. To have your machine replaced, you’ll need to contact their customer service and provide them with your machine serial number, proof of purchase, and a description of the problem. From here, they’ll advise you on the next steps and arrange for collection and delivery.
Our Nespresso Customer Service Experience
Though Nespresso offers excellent products, we have to admit that its customer service ebbs and flows. We recently had a leaking Creatista. We called Nespresso and were greeted by a voice recording that walked us through their different modes of contacting them. We were connected to a polite and knowledgeable coffee specialist within 5 minutes. When we relayed our concern, he was able to pinpoint the issue almost immediately.
We went through a couple of troubleshooting steps and were satisfied with the result. The entire call lasted about 15 minutes.
But, we also realized that this level of service doesn’t always apply. When we called in to report our faulty Vertuo Next, the process dragged on for up to 45 minutes. The rep went through a lengthy script–which we acknowledge is part of their job–but despite us being firm on what the problem was, the conversation drifted to something totally unrelated to the issue at hand. We eventually asked to speak to their supervisor who then booked our machine for repairs and had the new machine delivered to us within 4 days.
How To Best Get A Hold Of Nespresso’s Customer Service Team
Nespresso customer service phone number
Nespresso’s customer service phone number varies from one country to the next, but you can head over to their website and select your country to get their number. Here’s what you can expect when you chat with one of their reps:
- Listen to a recorded greeting.
- Be connected to a specialist within a few minutes.
- Relay your issue or concern to their reps who’ll provide you with a solution or further steps to take.
- Receive a confirmation email or text message with a summary of your conversation and any follow-up actions.
Nespresso customer service email
Another alternative is to log your query via email to email@example.com. You can also use the online contact form on their website to send them an email. You’ll fill in a few details like your name, email address, phone number, and a brief description of your query. Once you’ve sent your email, you can expect:
- An automated confirmation that your message was received.
- A reply within 24 hours.
- An email that addresses your query or a request for you to call their customer service.
- If the email addressed your query, there’ll be a follow-up email with a resolution.
Nespresso customer service live chat
You can access the live chat option by clicking on the chat icon on the bottom right corner of the screen on Nespresso’s website. The service is available from Monday to Friday, 8 am to 5 pm, and Saturday, 9 am to 4 pm. Sometimes their support team might not be available and you might have to wait a little longer or try again the following day. When you use live chat, you can expect to:
- Be on a waitlist for a couple of minutes to be connected to a rep.
- Chat with an agent who’ll answer your query and provide you with a solution or walk you through troubleshooting steps.
- Receive a transcript of your chat session by email (if you provide your email address at the end of the chat).
Nespresso Customer Service By Country
Nespresso operates in over 80 countries with each country having its own customer service team and contact details. But here’s a list of some of the most popular countries and their customer care numbers.
|Country||Customer Service Phone Number|
|UK||0800 442 442|
|Australia||1800 623 033|
|Ireland||1800 812 660|
|New Zealand||0800 234 579|
|Singapore||800 852 3525|
Nespresso customer service USA
Nespresso customer service Canada
Nespresso customer service UK
0800 442 442
Nespresso customer service Australia
1800 623 033
Nespresso customer service Ireland
1800 812 660
Nespresso customer service NZ
0800 234 579
Nespresso customer service Singapore
800 852 3525
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Does Nespresso replace broken machines?
Nespresso will readily replace broken machines if they are within the warranty period. We’ve successfully booked one of our machines, and they collected and delivered a new one free of charge. To have your machine replaced, you’ll need to contact their customer service and provide them with your machine serial number, proof of purchase, and a description of the problem. From here, they’ll advise you on the next steps and arrange for collection and delivery.
Q. How do I report a problem with Nespresso?
If you have a problem with your Nespresso products or orders, you can report it to their customer service by phone, email, live chat, or social media. You’ll need to provide them with your order number, product details, and any other relevant information.
Q. Why is my Nespresso coffee machine not working?
If your Nespresso coffee machine is not working, it could be one of the following issues:
Low water level
Dirty capsule holder
Try these troubleshooting steps to fix the problem or read our full trouble shooting guide here.
Checking the water tank and filling it up, if needed.
Cleaning the nozzle and the capsule holder.
Descaling your machine.
Resetting your machine by unplugging it for 10 seconds and plugging it back in.
Checking the power cord and the outlet for any damage or loose connection.
If these steps don’t work, you can contact Nespresso customer service for further assistance.
Q. Can I get a refund for my Nespresso machine?
You can get a refund for your Nespresso machine if you are not satisfied with it or if it is defective. You’ll need to return your machine within 14 days of purchase or delivery in its original packaging and condition. You should also include your receipt and any accessories that came with it.
If you purchased your machine through a 3rd party retailer (not direct through Nespresso) then you’ll need to check their specific refund policy.
Q. How do I force my Nespresso to reset?
Turn off your machine and unplug it from the outlet.
Wait for 10 seconds and plug it back in.
Turn on your machine and press all the cup buttons at the same time for three seconds.
Release the buttons and wait for the lights to stop flashing.
Your machine is now reset to its factory settings.
Read More: In this guide, we explain the factory reset steps for every different Nespresso machine.
Nespresso’s customer service can be a mixed experience, with varying levels of effectiveness depending on the situation. Based on our experience, we think the best way to get a hold of their team is via phone support. But other options–email, live chat–can be effective on some days.