When you initially programmed your Nespresso Vertuo machine, you probably selected a cup size and type you thought would be your go-to drink.
After a while, you decide to experiment with other capsules, but your machine just rejects the new pod.
That is frustrating!
Worry not, you can always reset to factory settings.
Resetting differs depending on the model you’re using, but there are some similarities to the process. To reset, lift the head of your machine to eject the used capsule. Then insert the capsule you want to program the water for. Next, close the head, leave the handle unlocked, and press the coffee button 5 times within 3 seconds.
The button should blink orange 3 times and change to a solid white. And the reset process is done.
Now you’re ready to try any Nespresso pod of your liking.
Carry on reading this post to find out how to reset your appliance.
Why Listen To Us? Well, because we KNOW coffee! In fact, we make our own coffee, coffee machine cleaners, and reusable capsules which we've sold to over 41 countries. Our team ouf experts include Tristan (an engineer), Claire (a food writer) and Richy (a barista). So, whether you're looking for a recipe or repair guide, we've got you covered 💚
Table of Contents
Why Do You Need To Reset Your Vertuo Machine?
Resetting your allows you to reprogramme your pod size. When you initially customize your machine, it stores a specific capsule size. And, when you brew coffee using a different size, it will stop at the programmed cup size.
For example, if you reset your capsule type to Gran Lungo, it’ll change the amount for all your Gran Lungo. So, to play around with different drinks and capsules, you need to reset your machine.
Restoring your machine isn’t only limited to customizing your capsule size. If you encounter some “Special Function” error resulting in a yellow light, restoring also helps to eradicate the problem.
How To Fix A Yellow Light On Your Vertuo Machine
When a yellow/orange light appears on your device, it means the “Special Function” is on standby and you need to enter a function. To select the next course of action, press the lever button 1 time to “descale”, 2 times to “empty the system” and 3 times to “reset to factory settings”.
If you want to exit the menu, simply push the lever and button simultaneously for 3 seconds. The GREEN light will indicate the machine is ready. If the problem persists, contact Nespresso.
How To Fix A Red Light On Your Vertuo Machine
A steady red light on your machine means your brewer needs to cool down. Follow these steps to give the device a rest.
- Turn off the machine and unplug the power cord from the outlet. Wait 15 minutes for the machine to cool down.
- Plug in the power cord and turn on the machine. When it goes to a solid GREEN light, the machine is ready for use.
Read More: This article explains what the red light on your Vertuo machine means and how to fix it!
How To Reset Your Vertuo Machine (All models)
You can reset any model of your machine by following the steps below.
How To Reset The Nespresso Vertuo Plus
- Turn the machine off by pressing the lever down for 3 seconds.
- To enter factory settings, press the button and lever simultaneously for 3 seconds. A solid orange light will appear to indicate you’ve entered the “Special Functions” menu.
- To access “reset factory settings”, push the lever down 3 times.
- Press the button to confirm. An orange light will blink 3 times within 3 seconds and a steady GREEN light will appear. This confirms you’re done resetting the device.
How To Reset The Nespresso Vertuo Next
- Lift the machine head to eject the previous pod.
- Insert the capsule you want to program. If you’re not looking to program a new capsule, skip to step 3.
- Lower the head and leave the handle in the “UNLOCKED” position.
- Press the coffee button 5 times within 3 seconds. The button should blink orange 3 times and turn into a steady white light.
How To Reset The Nespresso Vertuo Evoluo
- Open the machine head and allow the used capsule to eject.
- Close the head and leave it in the “UNLOCKED” position.
- Push the button 5 times within 3 seconds. The button should blink slowly 5 times to confirm you’re done resetting.
Resetting your Nespresso Vertuo machine is an uncomplicated process. It involves lifting the machine head to eject the used capsule and then pressing the lever and button on your machine. Whether you want to fix an error on your device or you’ve discovered a drink you’d like to try, follow the reset guide in this post.